Will Dermarolling Work for 50 Year Old Acne Scars?

I am a 50 year old man. I have some old mild acne scars that are considered box scars. They have bothered me tremendously for 20 years. I have heard promising results can be gained by performed collagen induction therapy dermarolling. I certainly hope so. Does anyone know if this is true? I also have a ruddy complexion do to rosacea. I want to look better. Will this help? Thank you.

Collagen Induction Therapy / Dermarolling for Acne Scars

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

Collagen Induction therapy is able to provide substantial improvements in chronic acne scarring. One must keep in mind that in order to attain optimal results you must be committed to the treatment plan as several sessions are often necessary.  Additionally, and depending on amenability of your skin type, a treatment with a fractionated CO2 laser can add to the result. A sound skincare regime is always mandated, which includes the use of Retin-A, Vitamin C (both topical and oral), to name a few. 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.