Dermaroller/Microneedling on the skin?

How do you feel about micro needling rollers. I have been told they help to form collogeon. My main question is do you think they can wear down any fillers a person might have. Don't want to keep using the Derma Roller treatment if it's just a scam:(

Does micro-needling really work?

+2

There are many good scientific studies showing that medical micro-needling really works. However, I am not a fan of rollers as they create a more erratic pattern of "tears" through the skin rather than the clean, more evenly distributed punctures seen with the motorized micro-needling machines. Micro-needling has been proven to stimulate the epidermis and dermis to release growth factors and cytokines that promote scarless healing and deposition of normal collagen. In a recent study, medical micro-needling increased epidermal thickness by 140%. The collagen bundles in the skin were increased and thickened as well.

Micro-needling also creates micro-channels in the skin which enhance penetration of topical serums and medications, dramatically increasing their effectiveness. Up to 80% of product can penetrate the skin compared to 7 to 10% with normal topical application.

In my office, we combine motorized micro-needling using the RejuvaStamp micro-needling machine with a growth factor serum made from human stem cells and we have been getting excellent results for facial skin rejuvenation. I often combine this treatment with filler injections as I believe they complement each other very nicely due to the different depths of penetration.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling Works And Can Be Combined Safely With Other Treatments

+1
Many patients in my office combine services. Fillers, Botox and Dermarolling is no exception. It is important to wait the recommended amount of time between your services. The times will depend on roller size, what areas have been injected, what filler was used and when your last roller treatment was. Results can be amazing if done correctly and

Jerome Edelstein, MD