Risk of Dermaroller While on Accutane?

I am using accutane for 4 months and now I haven't got any acne, but acne scars. I wonder why accutane users have to wait for 6-12 months to start dermaroller sessions? When I have a scar, it heals faster because of Accutane. Why its risky to use dermaroller for acne scars on Accutane and what is the risk?

Risk of Dermaroller While on Acutane

+1

The 6-12 month recommendation is from the manufacturer.  Usually, when patients are on Accutane, they tend to heal slower and scar a little worse than someone not on Accutane; hence the warning and caution.  Therefore, I would recommend waiting  6-12 months before having the dermaroller performed on you.

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon