Can Dermal Fillers Be Used on an Upturned Asian Nose?

I have an upturned nose which my nostrils are very visible. This has depressed me a long time. I would like to ask if: 1) Dermal fillers or any fillers can help make the tip of my nose bigger to sorta camouflage the nostrils? Or 2) Is there any way that a filler can work on my upturned nose. Thank you very much! :D

Correction of upturned and short nose with dermal fillers

+3

I would recommend having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with passion for getting the best possible and most  natural looking results.. 

Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to use fillers in the nose. It can create significant and irreversible problems such as scarring, and tissue damage.

Advanced Rhinoplasty techniques using your own cartilage will be used to push the tip to a more appropriate position and lengthen your nose.

Hope this was helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Limits of nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty using dermal fillers will not be able to counter-rotate your nose a significant amount.  Surgical rhinoplasty is the best option to address your concerns.  

Dermal Fillers in the Nose

+1

Dermal fillers can be used in the nose, but usually not to de-rotate or lengthen the tip or nostrils.

I recommend that you seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get the best advice.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fillers useful adjunct to rhinoplasty

+1

Fillers can often be used to augment the tip, creating more projection, or to fill in behind a hump or fill in the root "radix" of the nose.

In a way, it let's you try out a rhinoplasty before having a surgical rhinoplasty.  In this particular situation, a filler is not likely to be helpful.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dermal Fillers in Nasal Tip to Lengthen Nose

+1

I do not recommend the use of fillers in the nasal tip. You need to have a cartilage graft placed to achieve the desired lenthening.

Dermal Filler for Rhinoplasty without Surgery

+1

First, be very careful with any injections into the nose. The nose is very susceptible to color changes, discoloration, swelling, blood flow, pain, numbness, and other potential complications with inappropriate injections into the nose.

There isn't a filler on the market currently that is FDA approved for injection into the nose. Everything is being used off-label. Fillers should never be placed into the tip of the nose, since complications may more likely occur at the nasal tip. Fillers should only placed in the bridge to help smooth contour irregularities and to provide augmentation. Fillers which have been used for nonsurgical rhinoplasty include Radiesse and hyaluronic acids.

Depending on the specific anatomy of your nose and your desires, I suggest first speaking with a rhinoplasty surgeon who can use computer imaging to simulate rhinoplasty. You'll be able to visualize in real time what possibilities are potentially available. Only after a comprehensive in-person evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine the appropriate options for you.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Injectable Fillers may lower your nostrils, but will not de-rotate the tip of your nose.

+1

I reviewed your frontal photo, and I see you have excessive nostril show: worse on your left. I have seen excellent success lowering nostril margins with carefully placed Silikon-1000 for permanent results. Silikon-1000 may be used to make your tip wider, but is not helpful in repositioning your nasal tip.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nonsurgicalrhinoplasty.net/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upturned nose and fillers

+1

You should really have a consultation to evaluate your conerns. Fillers are best for small areas of camouflage.

VIDEO of Non-surgical Rhinoplasty results

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW: I would agree with my colleagues. Concealing your nostrils with fillers is difficult to achieve. You may be able to enhance the projection of the nose which may make the nostrils relatively less noticeable. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/non-surgical-nose-job/

You need surgery to correct your upturned nose.

+1

You need surgery to correct your upturned nose. Anything less won't do much and will have a very short term result. Fillers are fine for wrinkles, but not for major contour adjustments.

I can't see your whole nose, but you probably need some cartilage added and some, removed. This is a rhinoplasty, "nose job". Anything less is a waste of money.