Can Dermal Fillers Help Undereye Wrinkles?

Before I go for aggressive treatments, I'd like to try out some injectable options for my undereye static fine lines. Is there any injections that can help, except that for tears troughs which doctors and nurses told me it wouldn't help the lines. Thank you

Fillers for under eye static wrinkles

+2

Excellent question and I see that you are getting different opinions.  I agree that fillers may not be the right treatment for this.  But you should be very careful with the recommendations for resurfacing these wrinkles.  This may require "aggressive" treatment and certainly disasters can happen with in this area.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of undereye wrinkles

+1

It depends on what kind of wrinkles you have--fillers work best for tear trough deformity as you've already mentioned.  Botox helps with dynamic lines such as crow's feet and fractional CO2 would help with smoothing out the surface wrinkles and crepiness.  Erbium:YAG laser also works well for younger patients with more superficial wrinkles.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers Fine for Fine Lines; For More Try Botox & Laser

+1

It depends on the extent of the wrinkling.   Fillers do not help with the redundance issue (if there is loose skin), but they will help with your fine lines.  Wrinkles around the eyes are caused by facial movement, so for optimal results, I would have you combine fillers, Botox and lasers.  Typically the fractional C02 lasers have the best results for tightening skin.  

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers not likely the best for under eye fine lines

+1

Fillers such as Restylane, can be used to re-establish some lost volume in the area commonly referred to as the tear trough under the eyes. 

There are many possible factors occurring, and many possible answers. Fine static under eye lines may respond well to a fractional C02 laser. The skin is very thin there and the settings would reflect this. There would be about 3 to 4 days of redness and puffiness to anticipate with the treatment.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can fillers help under the eyes?

+1

Absolutely, provided that the right filler is placed in the right location. I like to use clear fillers like Restylane or Juvederm for this location (avoid Radiesse and Sculptra).

Product injections should be placed deep or you will see blue bumps so make sure the dermatologist or plastic surgeon is injecting something that he or she is comfortable with in a location that they have done before.

Injections to this area may be done several times to adjust until optimal- dont be in a rush for perfection in one visit. These products can be added to and subtracted from.

Also, to help the skin, I use products to calm and smooth- I have my own  but there are many that are useful

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Agree with Dr. Malouf

+1

I agree with Dr. Malouf. Fillers will help dark deepening under eyes but using for wrinkles not a good idea. Laser would do well and fractional CO2 does not have much down time. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Fine static lines of the lower lids

+1

You have asked the one of the most popular questions I hear in my practice, and your descriptions reveals your great understanding of this problem.  In my 12 years of experience and injecting thousands of patients, fillers have no place in the fine lines of the lower lid. If you have the right skin type, and some down time tolerance, laser resurfacing could be an option.   

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist