Are Dermal Fillers Suitable to Fill Dents After Rhinoplasty Surgery?

I have had 2 rhinoplasty procedures and 2 revision procedures over the last 7 years. I have been left with a reasonable result. I have one noticeable hollow on one side of my nose which is mostly the result of a lump (which I think is cartliage) which my surgeon said was not easily removed and did not recomend trying to remove it. Instead he suggested i get a filler. which one? I have read so many differing reports about the use of fillers that I am confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure may be the best way to fill dents after multiple Rhinoplasty Surgeries.

+1

Correction of many nasal irregularities after Rhinoplasty Surgery may be accomplished with a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference of fillers is Silikon-1000 for permanent results. Make sure your physician is skilled in the art of using fillers in your nose.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nonsurgicalrhinoplasty.net/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermal fillers can be used to fill dents after rhinoplasty procedures

+1

Dermal fillers can be used to fill dents after rhinoplasty procedures. Products like Juvederm, Restylane, or even Radiesse can be used. It all depends on how much volume you need and whether you want something that is reversible. What’s nice about using something like Juvederm is you can get an idea of the shape of the nose to make sure the patient is happy with the result first.

Radiesse is a thicker material. It is very difficult (if not impossible) to remove Radiesse and it can take many years for it to completely resolve where as Juvederm can last a year or more, but is reversible. Therefore, if the dent is more of a defect after the surgery, sometimes using Juvederm is a safer way to go. However, if it’s a small dent that is straight forward in terms of what you want to correct, Radiesse can be a great option and the correction will last longer.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.