How Many Cosmetic Injections Do I Need for Lasting Results?

I have had three full syringes of fillers on my marionette lines within a three month period. Two Radiesse and one Restylane. No significant results and they only lasted a couple of weeks to a month. My injectors says I may need to get continual fillers for up to 2 years before I see lasting results. Can this be correct? Thanks, Carol

Lasting results with fillers

+2

I agree that there is something fishy to this story. I'm not a fan of Radiesse for Marionette lines as I feel its best reserved for deeper volume loss (e.g. nasolabial folds). That said, Radiesse typically lasts about 1 year and sometimes more. Make sure that you are injected by a licensed and trustworthy specialist such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to make sure you are getting not only the correct filler, but also placed in the proper anatomical location.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse not good for marionette lines.

+2

Hi.

There is some part of your story which doesn't make sense.  Even though Radiesse is not best for marionette lines, I have never seen a treatment with fillers such as you describe, including Restylane, which didn't last at least 4 months.

Fat transfer may be an option

+2

You appear to be an unusually fast metabolizer of temporary filler materials. The duration of the filler may also be related to injection technique and placement of filler material. Radiesse can be placed under the muscle for marionette lines and may last longer in that location.

You may also wish to consider consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who performs FAMI which involves fat transfer from another body site to your face. Depending on the individual, this procedure can have a durable, lasting effect (approximately 50% of the fat graft takes after 6 months).

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.