Is Polyacrylamide Hydrogel a Good Option for Nasolabial Folds and Hollow Cheeks and Eyes?

I am searching what's best for my nasolabial fold,hollow cheeks,and hollow in lower eye area. I have read about polyacrylamide hydrogel injection can provide permanent and long lasting result. Is this really safe? What are its disadvantages? Can it be remove if something disadvantage come up after 5 yrs. or so or earlier.

Is Polyacrylamide Hydrogel a good option as a filler?

+1

Hello Akiko,

I have used polyacrylamide hydrogel fillers in the past. First of all, it is not a permanent filler, it will degrade over time. Claims have been made of it lasting 2 to 5 years depending on the formulation, but I never found this to be even close to acurate. It cannot be removed once it is injected. I never had any problems with it other than some hard lumps that responded to steroid injections in one patient, but some serious complications have been reported. I would stick to a hyaluronic acid filler with touch up injections for long lasting results. Hopw this helps.

Dr. A. Gantous

Web reference: http://www.drgantous@torontofacialplastic.com

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon