Can Dermal Fillers be Used to Add Volume to the Nose?

Can Dermal Fillers Be Added to Other Parts of the Nose Such As the Columella and Lateral Sidewalls to Add Volume to the Nose?

Well-performed Injectable Filler treatments may be used to add volume to your nose: The Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. Video attached

+2

I read your concern. My preference and expertise with non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. In my practice, silicone may be injected into your columella and nasal sidewalls to restore symmetry.

Regards from NJ.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and the nose

+1

Fillers are not the best thing for the nose in general bu tcan br used to fill small depressions or irregularities. I would not specifically use it to fill up the columella or nasal side walls.  You are better off with grafting during a rhinoplasty.

Filler injection complications

+1

By fillers I assume you mean injectable fillers. You can do a lot of things that does not mean you should. It depends on what you are starting with and what goal you want to achieve. If you inject into the sidewalls near the nostrils you have to be very careful because you could end up blocking off arteries in the area resulting in skin death of variable depth. In my mind the possiblity of a disaster outweighs the temporary results of most injectable fillers for this specific type of treatment. If you truly are a narcissist I am not sure I would agree to do anything including dermal filler injections.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Fillers to volumize the nose

+1

Filling agents can successfully add volume to selected areas of the nose  in order to correct nasal asymmetries and depressions.  A word of caution, the nose contains a complex vascular network that connects to other major facial vessels as well as the eyes, and expertise in anatomy and injection techniques is essential to avoid potential serious side effects

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fillers to Nose

+1

Yes, dermal fillers are a great option to add volume, change the shape or appearance of the nose.  Restylane, Juvederm and Radiesse are all excellent options.  Whether for the nasal dorsum, tip or sidewalls, these natural fillers can be used to create volume.  They are best used in small amounts by a skilled practitioner.  Good luck!

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to reshape the nose

+1

Fillers are a excellent way to restore volume and recontour the nose.  It works well on the radix, the columella and side walls.  I have used it as well after rhinoplasty.

David J. Sire, MD
Fullerton Dermatologist