Would a Dermal Filler Work for My Under Eye Bags? (photo)

I have hereditary under eye bags and dark circles, as shown in the photos. I am only 18 and have had them for as long as I can remember. Would dermal fillers like juvederm or prevelle or radiesse work on my eyes? I know blepharoplasty is the best option but dermal fillers are far more affordable. I am not as worried as the darkness (as that can easily be covered by concealer) as much as the actual bag. I'd appreciate any opinions; thank you so much!

Filler or blepharoplasty in Los Angeles

+1

A filler may work, but the ideal choice would be a fat transposition blepharoplasty for the eyelid bags. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Possible dermal filler for under eyes

+1

From your pictures, it does appear that you may be a candidate for a filler under your eyes.  I would recommend Restylane and it can help to camouflage the issues below your eyes.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermal fillers would work great

+1

This is definitely a hereditary [non-aging] issue that is very well addressed with dermal fillers. Injection into the groove will improve the transition from the eyelid to the cheek.

Alternatively, a skilled, experienced surgeon can release the bulgy fat above the groove [tear trough] and reposition in it into the hollow below. This is a more permanent solution, but not every surgeon is comfortable with this technique. This technique involves a larger up front investment, but in the long fun my be more cost effective.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dermal filler for lower eyeids

+1

At your age this would be the best alternative.  I would not consider a surgical procedure for this problem.