What is the Best Dermal Filler for Sunken Cheeks Due to Acne Scarring?

I'm in my late 30s & I have sunken cheeks due to acne scarring and significant weight loss. My left cheek has a sunken oval diagonally across the cheek from 3/4 inch under eye to 1 1/2 inch above my jaw. I'm trying to determine the best filler to use for this area since it's close to the eye socket.

Best Dermal Filler for Sunken Cheeks

+1

Your question has a 2-part answer. Regarding the sunken cheeks, you have a couple options for volumization. These include fat transfer which provides excellent results. A non-surgical alternative would be the use Sculptra which is a collagen stimulator, and would require 1-3 treatments for optimal results. The acne scars themselves may be effaced to a certain degree with a hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm or Perlane. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist in your area to review these options and form the optimal treatment plan for you.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.