Dermabrasion for Thin, Scarred Skin After Taking Accutane?

I've been taking accutane for 9 days(2 months ago)I don't know what happend, but my skin become thin, and very fragile.Now I have some texture changes like very shallow rolling scars(about 0.2-0.5 mm depth)can this scars be leveled with skin and what is the best method for this type of scarring?I must say that scars are soft and nontethering.also,when can i do any type of treatment, since my skin is very poor healing and i have redmarks for months and prior Accutane never had this problem! help!

Dermabrasion for Thin, Scarred Skin After Taking Accutane

NO! Very dangerous to think about dermabrasion if soon after taking Acutane. Read the contraindications and precautions concerning Acutane. 

Accutane and Dermabrasion

Accutane leads to an atrophy of sebaceous glands within the skin, leading to a delay of or problems with healing when injury has occurred.  Any form of resurfacing is contraindicated for 1 year after a course of Accutane. After 1 year, your options for acne scarring would include Dermabrasion and fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermabarasion after Accutane

Technically, once you have started Accutane, you should avoid resurfacing procedures for a minimum of 6 months after the procedure while others have advised 12 months to minimize the risk of hypertrophic scarring.