Can Dermabrasion Be Done on the Stomach?

I was wondering if dermabrasion can be done on the stomach to get rid of scars (moles removed and a tummy tuck)and many sebhorric keratosis. Is the skin on the stomach too delicate for this?

Dermabrasion is typically used only on the face.

+1

Dermabrasion is typically used only on the face. I am referring to true surgical abrasion, not the nearly useless spa technique of microdermabrasion. On the abdomen, the skin cannot heal as well as the face after dermabrasion and may result in more scarring. There are however many options for improving non-facial scars, from lasers to injections of cortisone into the scar. See an experienced dermatologic surgeon for evaluation.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon