I'm 30 yrs old. Will Dermabrasion Help Scars on Legs?

I have scars on my legs since i was very young, i'm 30 years old now and I still use long jeans because of emberrasment. Is there anything i can do to get them off. I've tried so many creams, and i'm really frustrated. Is there a procedure that can help?

Dermabrasion works best on the face

+1

Dermabrasion works best on the face.  Dermabrasion on the extremities should be performed with extreme caution.  This may result in a scar that is more unsightly.  I would recommend seeing a surgeon Board Certified by The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, The American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, or The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Warmest regards.  Dr. Pippin.

Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should consider other options for scars on leg

+1

Dermabrasion is a very effective technique to correct some scars, including acne scars. Dermabrasion works by sending down the area around a scar so that the entire surface is on the same level. Scars on the leg can be quite difficult to improve. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate the position and character of the scar and may recommend other treatments such as a surgical scar revision.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Treating Leg Scars

+1

Leg scars are notoriously hard to repair because the skin is tight and scar removal often results in closure of the wound under tension which results in poor wide scars. The same applies to dermabrasion . Dermabrasion is not applicable to scars because scars involve the full thickness of the ski . Dermabrasion and similar modalities will result in removing scar coverage without having normal skin structures deeply which are neded in the skin regeneration.
Depending on the leg area scars can be revised with Z plastids or removed after the skin was previously expanded with balloons.