Can Dermabrasion Help to Reduce Burn Scars on Face?

I had a skin problem and was told to use a cream to eliminate it, but instead it burned my face. Now I still have the skin problem and the scars. I have heard some stories of side effects and would like to know if this procedure could help me reduce or eliminate the scars. They are on my cheeks. Thanks

Improving burn scars

+1

I use a combination of pulsed dye laser and fractional co2 to restore burn scars and retexture skin. 

Dermabrasion to help reduce facial burn scars

+1

Although dermabrasion can be used to treat thick or hypertrophic scars including burn scars, given your description of  your problem, I'm not certain dermabrasion would be appropriate in your case.  I suggest seeking a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist so that they could evaluate your particular situation.  Best of luck.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Dermabrasion to treat burn scars

+1

It is not likely that a dermabrasion would be an effective treatment for a "scar" from a facial burn. You need to be evaluated by a skin specialist, a board certified dermatologist, to discuss your best treatment options.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon