Is It Safe to Have Dermabrasion After Having Laser Treatments Prior? (Photos)

Hi there. 2 times l ve done CO 2 laser years ago. Last time it was in 2009 but cant see big result. Now I decided to take a dermabrasion, but worry about my prior treatments. Dermabrasion after laser is disaster, they say. Any good advices about it. Thanks

Dermabrasion may improve your scarring

+2

Although I do not find CO2 laser helpful for acne scarring; nonetheless, you can proceed with Dermabrasion as long as you allow 12-18 mos. to elapse before treatment. Be prepared for pigmentation changes in your skin, which could be permanent. Avoid sun and use SPF for 1 year after Dermabrasion.  Dr. G

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon