Wider, Less Defined Nose After Septorhinoplasty, What Are My Options?

I am a year and a half post septo/rhinoplasty. I am quite dissapointed that my tip looks bigger than before. It is less defined and appears wider. I am especially uncomfortable with how it looks when I smile. It is much wider and because it was a reduction rhinoplasty with deprojection, there is more skin that flattens. What could be done at this point? What about weakening or cutting the depressor septi? Could that provide some improvement for my smile at least? Thanks!

Wider nose

+1

I'm sorry you are having these issues. At this point you will need to meet with your surgeon or see a revision specialist to review your options. Computer imaging may be helpful to you in both communicating your goals and seeing what is realistically achievable before doing any further surgery.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wider, Less Defined Nose

+1

At 1.5 years after surgery your nose will not change significantly. Depressors have little impact on a wide tip. Talk to your surgeon about a revision or see a revision rhioplasty specialist.

Revision rhinnoplasty

+1

I would like to see the before and after photos before making recommendations.  Also, how long has it been since your rhinoplasty.  If ample time has not passed, sometimes 9 to 12 months, the tip swelling has not had time to resolve.

Treatment for wide ill defined nose.

+1

You should see an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist. Without seeing you it is difficult to say what procedures would be best. Cutting the depressors only keeps the tip from being pulled down.