Will a Depressed Scar from a Mole Removal Fill in with Time and Not Leave a Dent? (Photo)

I had this mole removed by lip and had to get 3 stitches. Its been about a month and a half and I guess I was expecting much more improvement at this point. I went to a dermatologist and he said its going to improve a lot and says the wound edges will come together. I asked if fractional laser surgery would help but he felt I didn't need it. Is it really possible? Will the divot eventually close up? I know that if it evened out the redness went away I would feel a lot better about it. Thank you

Scar revision of mole removal scar

+1

The scar will mature over one year. However, fractional co2 laser can help improve the scar earlier. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Wait 6 months

+1

Most people do not realize that it takes a year for a wound to totally heal. Your probably do not need Fraxel, but you could ask someone that does it about it.