Getting Depressed. Please Advise. Need Help With Bleph Scarring? (photo)

I am 55 years old. I am 4 weeks 1 day post op from extended bleph. The Dr. told me to put vitamin e on it at 3 weeks post op. The vitamin E oil I bought was not a pure E and caused even more problems. I do not see my Dr. again until December. Should I seek a dermatologist for help with this? At this time I am told to put vaseline on it. I am really becoming depressed. If anything it is getting worse, and not better.

Scarring after upper blepharoplasty

+1

Incisions after surgery can take months to heal, so the scar should improve to some extent with more time.  It is important to protect the area from the sun the help improve the healing.  I would wait at least 6 - 12 months to see how much the scar improves.  If it is still noticeable after that time, speak with your surgeon or see a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or oculoplastic surgeon for potential options to improve it.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper blepharoplasty scars

+1

usually heal very well.  Was there a reason your scar was placed where it was?  Did you have excessive lateral hooding?  Regardless, at this point, know that your scar will fade as it matures and if you need to speed it up, you could see a laser center.  But time will still take care of it so I'm not a fan of laser.  Focus on ways to camouflage it with your make-up and if still a problem for you after a year, talk to  your doctor about what options you may have to minimize the scar.

Curtis Wong, MD