Depressed Because of Missing Molars - What Can be Done?

I have first lower molar(LEFT) extracted 6 months ago, and now the first molar rightneeds to be extracted too. The first upper molar on both side has root canal done. I am 32 years old female and I feel very depressed 'cuse of losing teeth at young age.

I was born in country where people never see dentist until tooth hurts, so i saw one when I was 21 years old and 4 of the molars needed RC. The other teeth are in good shape. But I am a lot concerned about missing more teeth now. Please help.

Missing molars can be replaced

+4

Today, dental implants are a great option for someone like you, missing molars can be replaced without the need to cut down neighboring teeth. You should have a consultation with an oral surgeon or dentist who does implants to see if you have enough bone to be able to have implants. When you lose a tooth, you start to lose bone in that area, so you should do this as soon as you can to prevent further bone loss.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Missing Molars

+1

Regular dental care is very important.  Waiting until a tooth hurts to seek treatment is the quickest way to loose a tooth.  I am glad to see that you have changed your bad habit and now seek to save your teeth.

Once a tooth has become badly infected, a root canal is the only option to save the tooth.  Repairing this tooth is a major investment, both in the tooth and in your overall health.  You can still have a healthy and attractive smile.  You are taking positive steps which can eliminate your depressive feelings. 

Your lost first molars can be replaced.  Both permanent bridges and implants are great options.  Talk to your dentist.  Let him/her know what you are feeling about your oral condition.  They will help guide you to repair your teeth and regain confidence.

Marc Zive, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist