Depressed over juvederm lip injections?

I got Juvederm on my lips on Monday and I went back to the dr. today (wednesday) to remove it. She insisted I wait the full 7 days. I don't look like myself any longer and I regret doing this immensely. My smile looks disfigured. I understand the doctor's point that I am only 2 days in and at peak for swelling but I want my old face back. She also mentioned she has never taken out Juvederm in the lips. Only in the eyes. Should I trust this dr. at this point??? Someone please help me!

Lip augmentation with Juvederm

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with the outcome of your treatment. After two days you will have swelling, which can influence the appearance of your result. I would recommend waiting two weeks before attempting to dissolve the filler, as this will ensure the swelling has resolved. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Depressed over Juvederm lip injections?

+1

Wait at least 2 weeks after injection as this could be resolving swelling or bruising.  Enzymatic degrading as well as additional filler can be performed at that time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Juvederm lip injections

+1

You should wait 2 weeks before considering to remove the Juvederm.  Once the swelling resolves, you may love the result.  If not, you can have it removed at that time.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Using Hyaluronidase to remove Juvederm

+1

I agree with your doctor. I understand that you are frustrated and unhappy. But you really shouldn't make adjustments until a minimum of 7 days, unless there is a medical need (like an artery is being blocked, which is NOT happening here). Doing adjustments too early is difficult for you, and for the doctor, because it's hard to tell what's swelling and what's the filler. The swelling needs to resolve so the hyaluronidase can target the HA filler directly. If your doctor is experienced with hyaluronidase under the eyes, there's not too much to know about the lips, especially if she's comfortable with lip fillers in general. Hyaluronidase works very quickly, but it needs to be done appropriately. At 2 days out, it really, truly isn't the right time.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Swelling after Juvderm

+1

I recommend waiting at least at one week (preferably two) prior to dissolving filler in the lips. Post-procedure swelling and trauma from the filler injection can distort the shape. After investing time and money, it is reasonable to wait for the final result prior to reversing the filler. There is no down side to waiting from an efficacy standpoint and may save you from another procedure.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Unhappy with Juvederm in lips

+1

I understand that you do not like the appearance of your lips after your Juvederm injection, but I would completely agree with your doctor that you should wait longer than 2 days before considering any treatment to dissolve it.  I would agree in waiting at least 7 days, as the appearance of your lips will continue to improve with more time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm lip injections, 2 days out, not happy - I would wait another week

+1

Because of swelling and possible bruising, the lips take about a week or little longer to "settle out".  You will most likely improve over that time.  I can always be dissolved with hyaluronidase after waiting for all the swelling to go down.  Hyaluronidase takes minutes to hours to dissolve the juvederm...it works very quickly.  Good luck.

Steven F. Weiner, MD