Depressed and Unhappy with Rhinoplasty

Hi, I had rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago. I am now 1 week away from what I have read is supposed to be the point at which you start to see results and I am really unhappy with it. I had open rhino, a bump removed and some tip work. How much does swelling have to do with distorting a result? For example, does a swollen tip and spetum make nostrils appear more on the face? I'm depressed and anxious about this being the final result. Waiting is agonising and I feel sick all of the time.

Depressed and Unhappy with Rhinoplasty

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   Open rhinoplasties tend to have swelling for longer periods, and the tip can be swollen for months.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty recovery...

+1

It is very important to keep in mind that recovery time will vary from patient to patient.  You are correct in that most people can see a nice result at four weeks.  However, I have patients that have thicker skin and can take several months to see a nice result.  It is important to keep seeing your surgeon to make him or her aware of your concerns.  As long as you see gradual process and he is answering your questions, you should continue to see continued improvement.

.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon