Do 'Depot' Injections of Sculptra Cause Lumps and 'Tracking' Techniques Almost Eliminate Such Risks?

As the tracking technique produces much better results and also doesn't cause lumps as depot injections do, then why is the tracking technique not performed by more doctors?

Sculptra/Sculpture/Sculptor

+1

It is my opinion that the best Sculptra injectors are doctors who study art. A depot injection or an antegrade injection may apply, depending on the desired outcome. A favorite reference for me is this book: "Drawing the Human Head", by Burne Hogarth.

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Techniques of Sculptra injections

+1

Depending upon the area of the face injected, as well as the desired result, I will use many techniques for injecting Sculptra, often in the same patient. During each treatment session I will combine depot injections, linear fanning, and linear crosshatching to give the best results. When properly diluted and injected, the risks of lumps from Sculptra injections can be minimized. However, simply using "tracking techniques" will not eliminate the risk of lumps.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon