Depo-Provera Shot Before Brazilian Butt Lift - Is It Safe?

Hello everyone, I'm having Brazilian butt lift on January 13 and I'm also scheduled to have depo provera shot (preganantcy shot) in 2 days. My sergeon already approve depo-v shot, but I heard that it could cause blood clog and might not be safe for surgery. Thanks for the help By the way, this will be my second shot.

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

any control pill or injection will increase your risk of Deep venous thrombosis (blood clots in the legs) and Pulmonary Emboli ( blood clots in the lungs)

You need to stop all birth control pills one month before surgery and one month after surgery.

Changing birth control before brazilian butt lift.

+1

Depo Provera is proven to cause severe weight gain in some individuals.  If you are new at depo provera, I would choose a different method of birth control.  Weight loss and weight gain may affect your results. Also depo provera delivers a high dose of hormones in a single injection and is not reversable. 

Hormone Supplementation DOES increase Risk of Blood Clots (DVT)

+1
Blood Clots (Deep Venous Thromboembolism) can complicate all surgical procedures. However, it is known to increase in likelihood with women (vs men), obesity, history of personal or familial blood clots, women taking birth control pills, receiving hormone supplements, history of cancer, familial history of blood clots among others). You really should consider not being on hormone replacements at the time of surgery IF you can avoid it. Dr. Peter Aldea

Hormone supplements can increase risk of blood clots

+1
Supplement hormone therapy, either birth control or estrogen replacement can increase the risk of blood clots at the time of surgery, especially if you have a predisposition to clot formation. In general, it is best to stop hormone supplements prior to surgery if it is safe to do so. Tis is something important to discuss with your surgeon.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Buttock augmentation

+1

Beware that your result may change following pregnance.  The shots could cause fat necrosis.  Perhaps one of the procedures should wait a bit.

Shahin Javaheri, MD