Should I Allow my Skin to by Dry Immediately Following Matrix CO2 Fractional Treatment?

I had a Matrix CO2 Fractional laser treatment on my face yesterday, (for the 2nd time), and I am trying to achieve optimal results for skin tightening. I was advised to wash my face morning & night with Cetaphil and then apply Aquaphor only at night (and leave on all night) on the 4th and 5th days to help remove dead skin in the a.m. I am 39 with no wrinkles. I am only doing this for tightening. Is this the correct post-care procedure to achieve the desired result?

Fractional laser skin resurfacing

+1

Congratulations on your decision to undergo CO2 fractional laser skin rejuvenation. Keeping your skin moist with aquaphor will expedite the healing process. Allowing your skin to dry out will not improve your aesthetic result and will only delay healing. Good Luck!

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hydration promotes faster healing after Fractional laser.

+1

I also use the Matrix laser, and recommend continuous skin hydration for the first 5-7 days to promote faster healing. This is especially important if the dessicated layer of epidermis was wiped off during the treatment. Aquaphor is a very good emollient for post laser skin care, but there are many others. Our office uses CU3 cream primarily, and patients really like this product.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dry skin after CO2 laser

+1

Aquaphor is excellent for the first few days. The Aquaphor acts like an occlusive dressing that speeds healing. To let your skin be dry and scabby will delay healing.

Without ointment, your skin will feel dry and tight, but it will not improve the result

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery at Art of Facial Surgery 

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional Resurfacing

+1

Allowing your skin to dry out will not promote tightening of your skin and will only make you feel less comfortable.  Don't be afraid of the Aquaphor!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon