Choice of implant right?! How soon to change it? Cost? Even worth it? Can it look larger? (photo)

I am very analytical and perfectionist! Thought about the size over and over and felt like still choose the wrong size. Choose 339 instead of 371. My heart hurts because after so much thought I still felt short. I wanted to look a step above natural and more sexy. The outcome is beautiful but the size is small to me. What should I do?! So much money and not so happy. 1 week post op! Should be so happy now but my heart hurts! Help!

Choosing implant size is never a perfect process

+2
Everyone wants the "baby bear" breast, the one that isn't too large or too small but just right. In the long run, agonizing over differences of a couple of teaspoons such as the 339 vs the 371 implant is just not productive. Your results are beautiful and the size appears appropriate.

Regrets over size

+2
Its very hard to have a 'grand slam' result when everything turns out perfectly.  Your results look great at one week and your breasts close to symmetrical.  The size you mention would have added only millimeters to the dimensions and really made no real appreciable difference.  Best to heal and live with your new improvements and see if you really need for them to be larger.  In most instances, my patients adjust and end up enjoying their new size and can employ padded bras for that special 'look'.

Curtis Wong, MD

Results

+2
Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that your results are beautiful, who ever did your surgery did a great job!!

If you've decide to actually go larger, allow at least 3 months post op to start considering changing your implants.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Choice of implant right?! How soon to change it? Cost? Even worth it? Can it look larger?

+2
ONLY 1 WEEK!!!!!!!! The result is excellent!!!! Please allow3 months of healing than decide. Yes you will pay more$$$$$... 

Choice of implant right?! How soon to change it?

+2
I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy, but honestly you can't tel what the surgical outcome is going to be until about 2-3 months after surgery. To my eye you look overly full already and going to a 371 cc implant from a 339cc one would be an unnoticeable difference. You probably aren't used to working with cc's, but the difference between those two implants is only 2 tablespoons. That amount spread out throught the 3 dimensional volume of the breast is insignificant. I think you chose well.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Right implant size

+2
The party line is to wait at least 3 months before deciding about a change. In general, this is not bad advice but in some cases a month is enough to tell you are not happy with the size.  Come see me at 1 month and we will talk.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Did I pick the right implant?

+2
One word. Patience.

If you live in NYC you can get Amazon to deliver something to your doorstep the same day you order it, but as we all know, there is a big difference between surgery and on line shopping. From what I can tell from your photos you look to have a nice result from your procedures. I can also tell you that those results will almost certainly improve over the next few weeks. Give your body and yourself some time to adjust.  I think you are going to like the results. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Given that you are only one week out of surgery, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience. It is not uncommon for patients to, early out of surgery, to feel that they are too small or too big after this type of surgery.

For example, at the 3 to 6 month mark, if you still feel that you are too small, communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Re augmentation surgery is generally associated with a much easier recovery time and with significantly less discomfort etc.

At that point, assuming you still feel you are too small, it will be important to communicate your goals carefully.  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during this communication process. Ultimately, after you have communicated your goals carefully,  it may be in your best interests to allow your plastic surgeon to select the best breast implant size/profile that will achieve your goals. In my practice, I usually make these decisions intraoperatively after the use of temporary sizers.  By the way, based on the photographs, it seems like your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you.

Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.