Is Bruising Normal After a 25% TCA Peel?

I did a 25% TCA peel on my upper chest. There is an area that looks bruised (grayish) and I was wondering if this is normal and if it will heal normally. Right now I'm using petroleum jelly on the area and sunblock. Any suggestions or knowledge regarding this is greatly appreciated. Is this normal? Is there anything I should or should not be doing for this?

Bruising after TCA Peel

+2

A TCA peel should not cause bruising unless injections were used.

The cause of the blue-grey discoloration is most likely interaction of the peel with underlying skin discoloration. As the peeled skin separates, this color should peel off. 

It should be gone in about 2 weeks.

Petroleum jelly is fine. I prefer Aquaphor as it is less messy. Or any bland fragrance-free moisturizer, for the same reason. And only a very little bit - the skin peels best when it is kept dry.

Best wishes!