2nd BA and Still Not Feelings Big Enough? (photo)

So I went in for my 2nd BA on the 29th. I went from 425 under the muscle silicones, to 700hp silicones under. I am just feeling like I STILL haven't gone big enough and I can barely see a difference. I know it has only been 2 1/2 days but will they change? Any chance they will get bigger? I just feel like I went through all of this and didn't get the results I wanted. I was really looking for full DD's or small DDD's.

2nd BA and Still Not Feelings Big Enough

+2

Although I can't comment on your goals, these certainly appear significantly larger since your revision surgery (though the photos are not really comparable since the views and magnification are different.). I would have anticipated a full cup size increase based on 275 cc of upsizing, and I think I am seeing that.

From here, where do you go?  If 275 cc made insufficient difference, I would not recommend going to 800 cc which would be the largest silicone available. Salines come as large as 800, but the fill recommendation is as high as 960 cc, and some surgeons will overfill these.I would not recommend that approach either, as the feel of salines that large is usually quite unappealing, and ripples can often be seen as well as felt. 

I would mainly recommend patience. These may well appear larger to you as they settle into place. The swelling can paradoxically make these look smaller by obscuring the interface between breast and chest wall.

Thanks for your question and for the photos posted. Best wishes.

Feeling that 700cc is not large enough

+2

Thank you for the photos and your question. Let me try to explain this is a way that you might understand. In our industry, we like to use 200-225cc implants as a guideline for an approximate bra cup size. Of course every bra manufacturer will have their sizing a little different, hence why a women who is a C-cup bra in Maidenform brand might be a D-cup or DD-cup in Victorias Secret. However, we average it at about 200-225cc. So a woman A-cup going to 425cc, should, theoretically be a C cup after her procedure. Increasing your volume by 275cc, should give you an approximate 1.5 cup size increase. So a woman starting with an A cup, with little to no natural breast tissue and 700cc (3.5 cup size increase) should theoretically be a DD cup size. I believe that in your mind, perhaps you had pictured a DD being larger, however, I strongly suggest that you go to a department store and have yourself sized. You might be surprised that you are indeed a DD. I can't be certain, as each patient varies, as well as each bra manufacturer varies with their sizing guidelines. With that being said, if you are still unhappy, you can increase to up to 800 with silicone. However, if you use our system, that would only be about a half a cup size increase. If you feel that half a cup size would not give you the results that you are looking for, your next option would be saline implants that are overfilled. You can overfill saline implants, and I have had several patients choose this method, some reaching 1200cc. With each additional cc of saline that you overfill an implant the firmer the implant will get, as it is like filling a water balloon. Overfilling saline implants comes with its own set-backs and risks. It is very important to speak with your plastic surgeon about the benefits and risks associated with overfilling an implant. Although I know you say that you are not happy with the size of the 700cc implants, I will tell you that a 700cc implant is a large implant and I believe that 700cc should provide you with a D-DD bra cup size. I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you ultimately make, as your happiness and satisfaction is what matters the most. Good luck.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Too Small after Breast Re-augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you know, it is too early to evaluate the results of surgery. Patients will go through both a physical and mental (body image)  adaptation after surgery. I would suggest that you allow yourself 6 months before you evaluate the end results of the procedure.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

700cc and not big enough

+2

We suppose you could have had an 800cc implant, just about as big as things will go in a standard implant. Still, up sizing by almost 300 cc is sure to give you a visible difference. You look very good, and if soft and problem free, this should be good enough.

Hello

+2

You are still early on from surgery and the muscle is in spams and it takes time for the muscle to relax and the skin to adapt to the new implants. It takes 6-9 months for everything to fall in place. 700 cc you will definitely be a big DD.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

700 cc implants are very large and should not be exchanged for bigger implants if they look natural.

+1

Final breast size is subjective.  It's unfortunate that you are not as big as you would like, but the implants are quite large.  Any subsequent operation introduces risk so I would advise to not to have implants placed if yours are soft and natural.

The largest silicone implants are 800cc

+1

The largest silicone implants available in the US are 800cc.  700cc is a very large implant, especially with a small frame.  You couldn't have gone much larger.  Over time large implants will cause more problems so you should consider the long term effects as well with any implant selection. 

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

700 cc implants

+1

If you do not think you are large enough with 700 cc's then I do  not think you will ever be happy.  There is really not much more room to go.