I Have Had Dentures, Am I A Candidate For Dental Implants?

For about 3yrs, is it still possible for me to replace them with dental implants and it still look natural and also could bone loss be a problem. I am 34yrs old. Thank you

Replacing A Denture With Dental Implants

+3

It is certainly possible for you to replace your denture with dental implants.

The first question with dental implants is always: Is there enough bone? To get an answer, I think your first step should be a consultation with an oral surgeon, x-rays or a cone beam CT can determine if there's enough of the right kind of bone in the right places. Even if there's not enough bone, there are ways to add bone so you could still possibly have implants.

Your options for replacing a denture range from a removable denture retained by implants, to a U shaped hybrid denture that is not removable (except by a dentist), to crowns and bridges.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

As a rule of thumb, dentures can be replaced with dental implants

+2

Implants can be used to stabilize dentures or replace them completely with implant supported bridges.  Depending on budget, amount and quality of bone dental implants be used for most people.  It is normally not a question of IF, but HOW and HOW MUCH.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Yes you can

+1
Of course you can , you are only 34, i think you have good bone where to set implants, there are several options and we can know this with x rays, but yes you have a solution, and they would look more natural because now they can be porcelain teeth. You can think as well of mini implant supported dentures, that works excellent. I hope this helps.

German Arzate, DDS, MS
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants are the Best Option to Replace Dentures

+1

Implants are absolutley possible after having dentures.  This accounts for a large number of implant patients around the world today.  There are different treatment options available which require different amounts of work and costs, but you will ultimately be happier with an implant restoration rather than dentures. You may require bone grafting procedures if you have lost a significant amount of bone, but implants will help you to retain bone, that is one of the most important attributes of implants  They are very esthetic and more functional than conventional dentures.  Seek the help of an oral and maxillofacial surgeon and restoring dentist in your area to get the best options for your particular case

Brian Dorfman, MD, DMD
Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Dental Implants are a great Alternative to Dentures

+1

Dentures can be loose, uncomfortable, painful and cause one to lose confidence in their smile and appearance.

Recent advancements in dental implants have provided previous denture patients a great alternative to having to wear dentures.  As many as 16-24 implants may be placed to restore an entire set of teeth.  As few as 6-8 implants can be placed and used in conjunction with dentures (the implants placed will attach to and retain the denture) or a removable partial. 

Today there are many different options within many different price ranges.  A detailed consultation with your Implant dentist should give you all the information you need so that you may choose a treatment plan that is suitable to you.

Giri Palaniswamy, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Dentures and Implants

+1

Most denture patients love getting dental implants as they truly can anchor and secure dentures in place.  There are treatment options from placing several implants to replacing the entire denture with a fixed dental implant bridge. As Dr. Timmerman mentioned, it is a choice that you have and how much you want to spend.  I will add that I have never had a denture implant patient who did not love having the implants to hold the denture in place.

Ronald W. Konig DDS, FAGD, LVIF

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Implants can replace dentures.

+1

It can be costly but its a great alternative to dentures which I consider the lowest form of treatment for patients today.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Can Existing Denture be Replaced With Dental Implants

+1

Dental implants would be a great consideration to help support and retain your existing dentures or to replace them entirely depending on the number of implants that could be placed in your jaw.  Having dentures at such a young age as you are is even more critical.  Wearing dentures for many years will cause significant resorption of your jaw bone and make it difficult to wear dentures successfully as you age.  Implants will not only support and retain your dentures, but prevent most of the bone loss from occurring as the denture is now supported with the implants vs. just resting on your gum tissue.  Begin with a 3d image of the jaw to allow the best possible planning of the placement of implants.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Having denture at a young age

+1

all of the studies have shown that with time having a full denture will lead you to loose substantial jaw bone which help stabilizing your denture. the quicker you place dental implants the better your jaw bone is preserved especially in the lower arch. your surgical and prosthetic team should both evaluate the quantity of remaining bone by making a radiographical stent that you will wera and get a 3d image. based on the findings, they can evaluate if you are a candidate as a straightforward case or you need some substantial steps. Being that young, you should not hesitate of having dental implants placed.

all the best

Edgard El Chaar, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implant Candidate?

+1

It is a very significant factor that your teeth were lost at such a young age.  One must assume that you had advanced and aggressive periodontal breakdown.  A few steps are involved:

1. Have a cat-scan prosthesis fabricated
  2. Get a Cone Beam Scan to determine quality and quantity of remaining bone.

Many procedures can be performed to augment your existing bone, including sinus augmentation along with implant placement. Your restorations would be determined by the number of implants placed, if necessary an overdenture or a full arch of crowns.

Eric S. Weiner, DDS
Long Island Cosmetic Dentist