Dentist Refused to Send Bridge That Had Been Heavily Adjusted Back to Lab?

I got a PFM bridge for teeth # 2, 3, 4 done. After 3 times, it still came back from the lab with the cusps too tall, causing interferences when chewing (bridge was temporarily cemented). The bridge was adjusted quite a bit during fitting and at a later visit. The last time it caused me pain from excessive pressure on the surface along the outer tips. I wanted it sent back to the lab to redo but the dentist refused. He adjusted it more but the bridge now had had cusps, just slope. Your opinion?

Sending a Heavily Adjusted Bridge Back to the Lab

+2

In my practice, I do whatever it takes to insure my patients' health, comfort and satisfaction. If I can do that in-house, I do it. If I cannot, then I send it back to the lab to re-make.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Adjusted bridge being sent back to the lab

+1

In my office if I have to adjust a crown or a bridge excessively it will automatically go back to the lab to be redone, and then returned corrected.  I would speak to your dentist and see why he refuses to send it back. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Don't always have to send the bridge back to the lab

+1

I don't really have that problem since I have an in-house lab that can resolve those issues.  However, if a bridge had to be adjusted so much that it exposed metal or opaque porcelain, then I would send it back. If the metal framework is fitting well, they can reaply porcelain and re-glaze it.

Sometimes it is possible to get a very high polish at the office and this is OK as well. If you are not satisfied with the looks and feel, then it should be sent back or re-done.

Hope this helps.

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist