Is a Dentist Prevented from Giving a Patient Access to Their Clincheck Due to Licensing Issues with Invisalign?

If a dentist won't give a patient access to the Clincheck video outside of their office, would there be a valid reason for this? It seems many dentists email them to their patients, or even post them on YouTube.

You are always entitled to access to your dental records which include a ClinCheck plan.

+5

Under the Freedom of Information Act and various professional standards, patients are entitled to access to all of their dental records including orthodontic treatment plans. As a general rule, I routinely email a ClinCheck animation to patients to get them excited and motivated about their upcoming treatment. It also helps them understand the process.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Patient Access to Clinchek

+4

I'm perfectly OK with giving patients copies of their ClinChek. No law against it! Ask the dentist why you cannot have it. He just might be technologically inept and just doesn't know how to.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Access to Invisalign cc

+3

There is no legal reason why you should not be given access to the cc videos (although the full animation requires special softwear).  Something seems fishy to me!

Saint Louis Orthodontist

ClinCheck access

+2

It could be the doctor is using a less expensive alternative than Invisalign and they don't have anyting like ClinCheck to show you.

Atlanta Orthodontist