My Dentist Didn't Inform Me About Invisalign Express. I Believe I'm a Candidate. Should I Mention It?

For the top, I have 7 trays. For the bottom, I have 11 trays (I understand its over the limit of 10 trays). However, I feel a little ill-informed that my dentist didn't tell me about Invisalign Express. I'm a struggling college student and pulled out an extra loan to pay for my treatment ($2750 (a deal price I found online through a website.)) I never had my braces my whole life, because my single mom couldn't afford it. Should I mention it? (about Invisalign Express)?

Invisalign Express is decided at the start of treatment

+3

If Express is an option, it can only be done if planned at the start.  More specifically, the lab fee for this is set and is determined by Align technologies, not your dentist.  You were offered a significant reduction in fee already, and in my office the Express is more than what you paid for this full treatment.  It is likely that your doctor is the same, and did not offer the Express as the fee was higher and not worth mentioning.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express

+3

Firstly I can tell you that the price of 2750$ while it is a lot of money is considered an AMAZING deal. Unfortunately your doctor does not decide if a case is express or not. The downfall with Express is that you can only get 10 aligners. If at the end of treatment it is not what you expect you will have to pay extra to have more aligners made. WIth Invisalign Full it is included at no charge. I think your dentist is doing you a geat service at the price he/she quoted you. Good luck.

Ridgewood Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express

+2

Invisalign Express is the term Invisalign uses for treatments that take about 6-9 moths and require minimal tooth movement.  It is not a low cost option instead of regular Invisalign.  in any case the lab fee is just one part of the total treatment fee.  

Fees are usually set by the orthodontist based on how long the treatment will take.  So if you need a short treatment the fee will probably be less than a longer treatment.  Whether Invisalign calls the treatment express or not will not make much difference in the fee to you.

Fairfield Orthodontist

Your dentist is a Saint!

+1

Not only would I not mention it;  I would refer as many patients as I could to him as a small token of your appreciation.  You got the discount of a lifetime!  Most dental offices operate at 65-70% overhead making a fee like what you paid a mistake on the part of your dentist.

Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, always ask you dentist

+1

You seem to understand the concept of Express well.  The financial arrangement of $2750 is below the cost of Express in all the offices that I'm aware.  Your dentist seems to be really trying to make the cost as low as possible - although his/her cost are higher with the 11 tray lower arch.  They are paying Invisalign (Full) the higher cost for your case.

Congratulations on finding a great deal for your orthodontics.  You should always openly discuss anything with your dentist!

Plano Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Express

+1

As a patient you have to feel comfortable asking your dentist any concerns, questions and ideas you might have. There are many Invisalign 's options, ask ! It is always worth to know than to live with the doubt. Good luck

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist