Dentist Said He Couldn't Close Gap in Teeth with Invisalign? (photo)

I started in Nov, 2012... I am on tray 15/17. During my clincheck my doctor noted that their would be a gap left in between my canine and bicuspid on the right side of my mouth. He said this was because if those teeth where shifted forward it would cause my teeth to grind on that side so he couldn't close it. It didn't look too bad in the clincheck so I went on with it. Is what he said true? Tray 15/17 and it looks horrible to me. What are my options? Can adjustment trays fix this?

Invisalign to close gaps

+2

In your case Invisalign will need to bring back teeth forward and the front teeth backward to close the spaces; they do not look to big, so Invisalign will work.

London Cosmetic Dentist

Dentist Said Invisalign Would NOT Close Gaps in Teeth

+2

Invisalign probably CAN close the gaps in your teeth. Seek out another opinion. Both the upper and lower teeth would have to be moved. From your photos alone, it appears to be doable.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Gaps should close

+1

Sometimes (often) Invisalign needs "refinement" or mid course corrections.  This would be one of those times.  It may not close all the way, so short term brackets or an Inman aligner might do the trick.  If all else fails, some bonded composite at the end can do wonders.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist