Dentist and Assistant Gave Different Time Periods for Aligners in Refinement Phase

I have started on invisalign on Aug. 1, 2010. I am an adult. It is now April 30th and I am in the refinement phase. My dentist and his assistant keep changing the time periods required for wearing each aligner. Dentist says 2 weeks and his assistant says change when they become loose. I am confused. Can you help me?

How long to wear Aligner

+1

Invisalign recommends changing the aligner every 2 weeks.  Talk to your doctor about your confusion.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

How long between aligner changes?

+1

Normally it is two weeks per set of aligners.  The doctor is the doctor and his/her staff should be on the same page!..Simple enough to solve...tell the doctor that you are getting different advice from the staff and let them straighten it out!

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign aligners are to be worn for 2 weeks

+1

As much as assistants know, and it IS a lot, they are not a substitute for your dentist's advice.  A common misheld conception is that when aligners feel loose, all movement is complete.  This is not true, only the perception of movement is complete.

Wear aligners for 2 weeks each.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

How long should you wear each aligner during the refinement phase?

+1

Hi Bedford166!

You should definitely listen to your Dentist. 

Wear them for 2 weeks as he prescribed. 

Best!

Dr. Alper

Steve Alper, DMD
New York Cosmetic Dentist