Dental Work/teeth Cleaning Do I Need Antiibiotics?

This is really gross but I have not been to the dentist in a LONG TIME. I brush and floss regularly but have a dental phobia and getting my teeth cleaned/dental work has never been a pleasant experience for me. Recently though I have decided to bite the bullet as I have a tooth bothering me and I am sure I need some sort of deep cleaning done. I also have breast implants that are at least five years old. What should I do? Also my dentist is my family dentist so I would rather he not know.

Better late, than never to the dentist!

+1

Do not feel bad. You are not alone in putting off the dentist. Also do not take antibiotics unless prescribed. Your dentist will examine you and perform the necessary diagnostics including X-rays to determine your dental condition prior to your having a cleaning. If there is an active infection, he/she may prescribe antibiotics. But congrats on deciding to go before it's too late. Remember, this saying, "Be true to your teeth or they'll be false to you!"

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist