Dental Work or Dermal Filler First - Does It Matter?

I am putting off Dental work as I am saving for fillers. I am wondering would it be a problem if I got dental work soon after dermal fillers? Would I have to tell my dentist? Also, will dermal filler upset any nerves that go to my damaged teeth and cause pain to my teeth? Please help

Dental work first or facial cosmetic treatment

+2

Major cosmetic surgery should usually be preceeded by dental work as the teeth are like the framing of a house.  This needs to be solid before the finish work is done.  But fillers aren't so major that it matters much which is first.  You'll have to repeat the fillers later anyway.

Dental work and facial fillers

+1

Major dental work can effect the shape of the face and change where filler will ultimately be placed.  I would recommend that you do the dental work first and then the filler.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Regarding: "Dental Work or Dermal Filler First - Does It Matter?
I am putting off Dental work as I am saving for fillers
. I am wondering would it be a problem if I got dental work soon after dermal fillers? Would I have to tell my dentist? Also, will dermal filler upset any nerves that go to my damaged teeth and cause pain to my teeth? Please help
"

Respectfully, your priorities need a major resetting. Even if fillers could magically give you the most amazing result, such an achievement would be worthless if were toothless. Dental care is WAY more important than using fillers and should ALWAYS be done before fillers or any other cosmetic surgery for multiple reasons:
- because you need your teeth to live a normal life (unless you are willing to settle for gumming blenderized foods)
- because sporting decaying teeth or dentures is definitely not a turn on
- because decaying teeth are associated with heart disease
- Finally, because dental work,depending on its extent, is always associated with introduction of bacteria into the blood stream which can cause BIOFILM (low grade infection) of long lasting and permanent fillers as well as change facial proportion.

Please, take care of your teeth.

Dr. Peter Aldea