Will dental implants help restore my sunken upper cheek?

I am missing lower right #31 and my #2 upper tooth directly above is in bad shape and needs replacing. I have noticed a loss of volume around my right upper zygomatic area and upper cheek. I have a post in area #31 and #2 needs a graft before implant placement. Any answers regarding my issue would be appreciated, but my real question is: do implants restore facial shape or do implants only maintain the face despite unwanted features?

Does bone grafting restore facial features?

+1
Possibly!  However, it's something that would need to be tried in order to see if the results are acceptable to you.  In other words, there is little way to accurately determine whether the bone grafting will cosmetically enhance your facial appearance enough to satisfy you.  Ultimately, I would recommend trying the bone grafting, then possibly getting a consult on dermal fillers for that area, if the grafting is not enough.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Dental implants

+1
Yes. With te right amount of bone grafting, proper sized teeth, you can have your youthful face back. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon