Dental Implant Screw Fell out?

my crown and abutment screw came off almost a month ago...i did my implants in INDIA..since i'm staying in different country, i cant travel there until the end of the year..the cost of dental surgery in my country very expensive,,,can i wait till the end of the year and get it fixed in INDIA? can it still get fixed?

Dental Implant Screw Fell out?

+1

Dental implants can be the longest lasting dental treatment that you can have. But even dental implants have their own set of frustrations or complications.

It's possible that you can wait until the end of the year until you return to India, but you will want to contact them now since you will probably need a few appointments. It's highly likely that the gum tissue will creep over the edge of the implant. If it's a little bit, that can be correctly quickly and easily. If it's a lot, then you may have to wait for that to heal, before a new impression is made for a new abutment and crown.

You may want to ask a few questions about why it came off, and what will they do differently to keep it from coming off again after this.There are a few tricks and techniques to keeping the screws tight. In general they shouldn't loosen up afterwards.

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Crown and Screw Fell off of Implant

+1

As long as there was no damage to the internal aspect of the implant itself, you should be able to have it fixed.  The implant will need to be uncovered and cleaned off prior to replacement.  If the screw threads broke off in the implant then this may not be possible.  Every implant system is different.  Call the doctor that placed your implant and ask what they recommend for you

Brian Dorfman, MD, DMD
Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon