Are Dental Implant Costs Negotiable? If So, What is the Best Way to Approach Negotiating the Price?

I understand cheaper is not better. But I have a budget. I'm wondering what is the best way to approach my dentist for a lower cost than what was quoted to me. I don't want to offend him but hoping we can at least have the discussion.

How to "Negotiate" Implant Costs

+3

I wouldn't use the term "negotiate". I would much rather you be honest and upfront with your dentist, just as your dentist should be with you! Tell him your financial situation, and ask if he has any long-term financial arrangements such as "Care-Credit" where you can make affordable monthly payments. Remember, it's your health and cosmetics and comfort you're talking about. You don't want "cheap". You want quality and experience! You'll be much happier in the long run.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Dental implants cost negotiable

+2

Most dentist do not negotiate on the price of dental work but how dentists do differ is how you have to pay for the work.  Some require payment in full and other offer flexible financing like Care Credit, or Springstone to help spread payments over 18-24 months interest free.  Depending on where the implant is needed to be placed I would be careful looking for a cheap option. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of dental implants.

+2

Very good question.  The fees for dental implants vary and are very complex.  I think your best approach if you trust the experience and approach of the doctor you choose is to be upfront and honest.  There may always be a way to make sure you get the best quality care that fits into your budget.  Often times your doctor will help you by spreading out the payments for ideal treatment.   Your best bet is to call up the office and ask to meet the doctor r treatment coordinator and find a way to fit the implant treatment to your budget.  

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist