Dental Implant Cost for an Abscessed Tooth?

In the past year & a half, I had a long term filling fall out in my right back tooth (indicated as 30). At first, I had no pain. But lately, I've had an immense pain in the tooth & finally got the chance to see a dentist. The tooth has basically became abscessed * partly gone. I was recommended an oral surgeon for a candidate for a dental placement for the tooth. I go to school in MS, but in FL for summer so I haven't scheduled an appt. What is the average cost for this & does insurance cover?

Hi There,

Here is a link that may help you with your research:

http://www.realself.com/dental-implants/cost

Hopefully this helps!

Cost for dental implants

+1

Costs vary by state, and by individual dentists, depending on their expertise and experience, and personal care and attention that they provide. Insurance coverage also varies by plan.I would seek a qualified dentist who will be the quarterback and refer you to an oral surgeon who will place the implant and take care of all your problems.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

+1

There are many factors that will affect the cost of replacing the infected tooth. The bone that has been destroyed by the abscess may require one or more grafts before an implant can even be placed. The total cost, which will include an implant, a crown, a connecting piece called an abutment, plus the bone replacement(s) could be 4,000-6,500. The amount of insurance reimbursement that you will get will vary based on your particular plan.

Another option, depending on the condition of the neighboring teeth and your predisposition for cavities, include a cemented bridge. If you're a good candidate for this option, it may be less expensive and you may receive more dental insurance benefits

Hope this helps,

Dr Champagne

Richard Champagne, DMD
Freehold Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implant Costs

+1

I agree with the other two doctors who have answered. With dentistry it is best to have a qualified and experienced dentist. Here in California the cost will probably start at $5000.00 if a bone graft is necessary it will be more. Chose wisely and it will last a long time.

Ana Brightleaf, DMD
Santa Monica Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implant Cost

+1

Every insurance plan is different, you need to find out what your benefits are. Costs vary from state to state and doctor tot doctor.  A specialist like a Board Certified Oral Surgeon will have higher fees than a general dentist that took a weekend course in dental implants.  The success of the procedure will also be commensurrate.  Remember, discount dentist=discount results.

Brian Dorfman, MD, DMD
Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Dental Implant Costs

+1

Costs vary by state, and by individual dentists, depending on their expertise and experience, and personal care and attention that they provide. Insurance coverage also varies by plan.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist