Dental Checkups After Implants/fixed Bridges. How Should I Go About This?

a year ago I got 10 dental implants w/full fixed bridges (top/bottom) do I need to see a dentist regularly and if so, how do I find one that is willing to work w/me if they didn't do the original work?

Increased professional care

+1

In my opinion, I think you need professional cleanings every 3 to 4 months. This kind of dentistry is not bionic. It is advanced. It is also a lot and needs regular professional maintenance. Cleanings every 6 months may allow for problems to occur and be a major issue down the road. Any good dentist will be ok seeing you, even if they did not do your reconstruction.

Baltimore Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Checkups After Dental Implant Placement

+1

As previously mentioned dental implants need to maintained just like natural teeth.  They wont decay, but they can be lost to infection around them.  Peri-implantitis is similar to periodontal disease in which you get bone loss around the implants just like natural teeth.  This can be prevented by visiting your dentist at least 2 times a year for routine cleanings and radiographs

Brian Dorfman, MD, DMD
Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Dental check-ups after Implants

+1

You should definitely continue a regular schedule of check-ups for the health of your implants as well as your remaining teeth. Do not worry about finding a new dentist. Any good dentist will be willing to take you on as a new patient regardless of who did your prior work. You might want to check with Stoneridge Dental Care, in Columbus, OH (Gahanna). Tell Janet that I referred you!

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Implant maintenance - how often should I go

+1

Implants need to be maintained just like teeth do.  Implants do not decay but can be lost due to infection.  You should see the dentist regularly for cleanings twice a year to properly maintain the work you had done. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist