Dental Check Up After Juvederm Lip Injection?

Hi, I had a quick dental check up 24 hours after the Juviderm lip injection. The dentist had to touch my lips, to check my teeth, but it was fairly quick. Now I am really concerned that it may shift the product and cause asymmetry. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Return for massage if visible change

+1

If the area looks effected, return to the injector. If not, you're probably fine. Best of luck!

+1

The Juvederm requires a great deal of pressure and massage to shift the material.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Dental exam following lip augmentation with Juvederm

+1

Based on your description, it is not likely any of the product was shifted, and you should be fine if there is not a visible change.  I would recommend following up with your provider, as they will be able to provide you with additional advice if you need. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/juvederm/

Dental Checkup after Juvederm

+1

Hi Jezabel.  It's unlikely that your dentist shifted the product because of the dental checkup.  He/she would have had to have pressed very hard for a good period of time to move the product.  If you do not see any visible changes or asymmetry then it's likely there will be no issues.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/lip-injections.aspx

Dental check after Juvederm

+1

While I would advise any patient not to have dental work done right after a filler into the lips, sometimes it's simply unavoidable. Most dentists are aware of fillers and do their best to avoid touching them too much or doing anything, should they have to see you for some type of dental emergency. Give it the right amount of time - 10-14 days - for all the swelling and filler to settle in, and then assess if there's any correction that needs to be made. For now, you need to leave them alone and let things settle down. If you do have asymmetry it can be fixed, but you should keep your hands away from your lips.

Juvederm to lips

+1

It's sounds like you just had a quick visit to the dentist and the juvederm should not shift in the lips. If you notice any changes contact your injector.

Dental check up after Juvederm to lips

+1

From the description of your dental visit, I would say that it's unlikely that any Juvederm was shifted by your dentist a day after your Juvederm treatment.  If everything still looks okay at this point, you're probably not going to see any change.  If you do see a change, return to your injector to be evaluated.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.