Dental Bridge Put in at 17 Years Old. Now 36 and Am Very Subconcious of the Gum Recession and Size of Teeth.

I flipped over my bike at the age of 13 and knocked out one front tooth and rotated the other. After 4 years of braces (with a fake tooth attached to a bracket), I was given a bridge. I have gotten very subconcious about the gum recession. Kids ask me what is wrong with my teeth on a regular basis. Is there anything I can do? I once heard of a bridge replacement with a gum color along the top to match. Is there anything else I can do? Ready for a pretty smile again.

Dental Bridge Put in at 17 Years Old. Now 36 and Am Very Subconscious of Gum Recession and Size of Teeth.

+1

If you don't like your front teeth, then I suggest setting an appointment with the best cosmetic dentist you can find. Tell him what you've mentioned here and he can give you some options.

Dental bridges can be matched much better than ever before. You could also be a candidate for a dental implant, and maybe no longer need a bridge.

Now is the time to do something since you seem to have others asking you about your teeth.  The sooner you take action, the sooner you will feel relieved inside and confident again about your smile.

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Bridge to Replace old Bridge

+1

Change is inevitable including my hair recession and your gum recession. Sounds like it is time for a new bridge. The gum can be replaced with tissue and/or bone augmentation surgery or pink porcelain is a viable option.

Best of luck to you.

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Anterior bridge with recession

+1

It seems like the current bridge completely fulfilled it`s role. There are multiple ways to treat recession of the gum - it can be corrected with the surgery, or with prosthesis with pink porcelain. The best choice for you will be to find a highly experienced cosmetic dentist and a surgeon who will be able to restore the beautiful smile. The anterior area is highly demanding, so you need to be careful with choosing your dental team. 

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist