Dental Bridge/impacted Canine Tooth?

I've recently had a 3-unit bridge placed and am not happy with the results. I had a 2nd consult and after finding many issues with the bridge, I may seek orthodontic treatment to expose and move my impacted canine. If this is successful and the bridge is removed, how will the abutment teeth be treated while I have to wear metal braces? Will they be covered by a crown in order to protect & keep the spaces? currently meeting with a cosmetic dentist and will meet with an orthodontist. Thanks all!

Removing a bridge to expose impacted canine.

+1

I would suggest wearing temporary crowns rather than the sectioned abutments of the bridge for a couple of reasons.  First, orthodontic brackets adhere to temporary crowns much better than to porcelain crowns, and second, as the impacted canine is brought into position, the abutments will likely need to be altered in shape to accommodate the erupting canine, and this is much easier to do with temporary material than porcelain.  Good luck!

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Dental bridge and impacted cuspid?

+1

I would suggest you section the bridge leaving the abutment teeth with crowns then bracket those crowns and then you will need to uncover the impacted cuspid and orthodontically pull down into position with a gold chain. You will see your dentist about every 2-4 weeks after the cuspid is in position you will most likely want to place new crowns on the abutments good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD MBA, MAGD       CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Bridge & Impacted Canine

+1

The abutment teeth will have to be kept covered either with temporary crowns, or with the abutment crowns of the bridge, if the dentist can carefully separate the false (pontic) tooth from the bridge without fracturing the abutment crowns.

New York Cosmetic Dentist