Can You Get Dental Bonding Without Removing or Changing Your Crown?

My question is that, can you get dental bonding without removing or changing your crown? I want to close the gaps between my teeth, but my dentist says that I have to change the shape of my crown, but since my crown plays a role of a tooth, cant the bonding change the shape of the crown itself?

Bonding to change contour of crowns

+1

Bonding will not stick to a crown, so any changes in shape to a crown means that the entire crown needs to be remade.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Can crowns be repaired or reshaped using bonding /

+1

NO- dental bonding does not adhere to porcelain. porcelain is "cooked"  in extreme heat- nothing at this time is available to do what 'extreme heat' can do....

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Can Bonding be used to Change the Shape of a Crown

+1

We can bond to porcelain in the mouth but the longevity is usually poor as the technology is not to the level it needs to be for long term success.  It will tend to come off or stain so I would definitely replace the crown.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

No

+1

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist