Dent Between Waist and Hip. How to Fix It? (photo)

It frustrates me that between my waist and my hips, on the sides of my pelvic bones, I have a dent, causing me to have like a "second waist" instead of the curvy "guitar shape". Three months ago I got liposuction done on my love handles only ( I'm 5'7 and 127lbs) thinking it would solve the issue but it didn't really solve it. It made it more subtle, but I still have the dent. Is there anything I can do to achieve the curvy shape instead of having the 2 waists?

Fat grafting can improve your shape

+1

Fat grafting is a wonderful technique for improving contour irregularities.  The area between the hip and the waist sometimes looks like a "dent" as you described.  Liposuction above and below the area can make it look better but it often requires fat grafting to fully improve the shape.  If liposuction is done aggressively, it can further improve the shape but at the expense of perhaps flattening one lateral thigh more so than the other, which will create a worse asymmetry.  Seek out someone board-certified by the ABPS who has experience with fat grafting if this continues to bother you.  Best of Luck!

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Dent Between Waist and Hip. How to Fix It?

+1

The truth is that fat transfer can be used to augment or create almost any shape.  Hip and buttock fat grafting is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure, and the results vary widely.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and hip transfers each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

How to fix the dent between waist and hip?

+1

Thanks for your photos.  It seems like you are slim and has a good result from liposuction.  For the area of "dent," fat grafting should help.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

+1

Your issue is very common. The use of "Composite" Liposuction that is lipo on there  hills and fat grafts to the dents/valleys is the best treatment. Lipo alone usually fails. 

Fat Grafting Will Help

+1

Thanks for your pictures.  This area should be fat grafted and too bad that was not recognized during your consult and plans made then for grafting after liposuction.

Dr. ES

Waistline Dent

+1

The area can be improved to a more smooth transition with combined minimal liposuction and using that under the dent as a graft.  Hope this helps.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting will help

+1

The depression can be filled with fat grafting   This an outpatient procedure with minimal down time. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon