Dent Above Upper Lip After Juvederm? (photo)

I'm almost 4 weeks post one syringe Juvederm in my upper and bottom lip. I wanted a subtle plump. So far, I'm very happy with the results apart from some asymmetry with the upper lip. I can only see the asymmetry when my lips are relaxed, not smiling. My smile is not asymmetric. Also, I have a strange "dent" on one side,above the lip. What is that dent and will it go away? It's soft to the touch, no hardness or lump.

Dent after lip augmentation

+1

The dent that you describe is not uncommon after lip fillers. Adding a little filler directly into the dent will fix the problem.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip dent after Juvederm

+1

Hello Natural2011 the dent that you see commonly occurs after soft tissue augmentation and can easily be corrected by filling it with more filler like Juvederm. I would recommend that you return to your doctor for a touch up.

Christine Brown, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon