Dent on Nose and Final Results of Revision Rhinoplasty?

Dear Doctors, I had a revision rhinoplasty just under 2 years ago. There is a dent on the left side of my nose near the bridge. It is not very noticeable to others but I can see it and to be honest it doesn't really worry me as I am generally happy with the way my nose looks and I wasn't expecting perfection. In your opinion would the dent get worse over time or since it's almost 2 years from surgery there will be no further change? What options other than surgery do I have if the dent deepens?

Help with dent on nose after Rhinoplasty

+6

After two years, I would not anticipate any additional change.  As far as nonsurgical correction, fillers could be used to improve the contour.  Hope this helps.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

In general, the final result of a rhinoplasty is evident 18-24 months after surgery. If you are currently two years post-op, there will not be a significant change with the dent you describe. Some surgeons use filler in the nose. I do not recommend this, as I have seen many issues and complications arise. These issues can include infection, asymmetry, and necrosis (the tissue dies). If this is an issue that bothers you in the future, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding his or her opinion. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Is further change possible 2 yrs following rhinoplasty.

+1

At the 2 year point following rhinoplasty I would expect essentially no further change going forward other than what one would expect due to aging.  Fillers are a good solution for minor indentations or deficiencies. 

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent on Nose 2 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

Our noses all change as we age, whether or not we have had surgery. It is difficult to answer your question without pictures but fillers can be used to make minor changes, especially augmentations of minor depressions.

Dent in nose after rhinoplasty

+1

A dent that is present two years after rhinoplasty is probably stable and will most likely be permanent. An exam in person would be best.