Dent Above the Nasal Tip After Rhinoplasty

Hi, after my rhinoplasty I noticed there is a depression or dent along the top of the nasal tip. My doctor has said he let the tip lift naturally. What can be possible causes for the depression?

Several causes- may not be permanent

+1

It's hard to answer without a time frame and photos, but sometimes a small supratip depression after rhinoplasty results from either reducing the dorsal septum, elevating the tip, or placing a graft in the tip area. Sometimes this depression resolves as the tip settles during the 6 to 12 months after surgery. If not, it can be improved by an injectable filler or a second procedure (minor revision). This should not be undertaken too soon,as I have implied. I urge you to talk to your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

It is difficult to say not knowing how long you are from surgery. If more than a year, then I would see your plastic surgeon. If less, then be patient, it will probably go away.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dent above Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

Without a picture and not knowing when you had your surgery, the possible causes are beyond the scope of this short post.  As long as you have allowed adequate time to permit swelling to decrease talk to your surgeon and/or get a second opinion.

Dent above nasal tip

+1

I would really need to see photos and/or perform an examination to give you the best advice. It would be best to speak to your physician regarding your issue, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. The depression may be evident due to residual swelling, and may become less visible with time. Final results of a rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months.  Hope this helps.  Thank you and best of luck.

An indentation is your nose after Rhinoplasty Surgery may be improved by an Injectable Filler treatment.

+1

If you're seeing an indentation above your tip following Rhinoplasty Surgery, this can often be improved by an Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures is Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course in Boston at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nonsurgicalrhinoplasty.net/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty result can be improved with Juvederm or Restylane.

+1

Hi.

Don't know what's causing the dent after rhinoplasty.  In a sense it does not matter.  If it is still there in six months, and it still bothers you,  it can be corrected with Juvederm or Restylane injection.  Or you may need a surgical revision.

Nasal supratip dent.

+1

It can be many things. If is is less than 6 months since your surgery, it may resolve without doing anything. Otherwise, see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Dent after rhinoplasty

+1

Difficult to say without examining you, but a dent can be a lot of different things from scar tissue, to over resection to name a few.

Dent in supratip after nosejob

+1

When everything heals in a rhinoplasty it is not unusual to see minor irregularities.  When these occur I usually will treat thes with restylane, or juvaderm or radiesse rather than do a secondary surgery as this gives a rapid and no down time result.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Dent after rhinoplasty

+1

If you have a new dent after rhinoplasty, you may have some internal scarring or contraction of the tissue.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  It is possible that a small injection with dermal filler will help conceal the depression.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.