Will a Dent in my Left Implant Go Away, What Can Be Done to Make It Do So?

Hello, I am 8 weeks post op Breast Augmentation and few days ago I noticed a dent in my left cleavage when brushing my teeth. After further investigation, its like a dent when I tense or jump up and down, and it looks like its the muscle rather than any ripple. My implants aren't large 280cc and I was already a B. Implants are placed sub muscular. The right one is perfect, soft, and has dropped considerably as has the left. They look and feel great except now I have this hideous dent. Plz Help

How to fix animation deformity after breast implants

+2

When breast implants are put under the pectoral muscle using the most common method (dual plane) it requires detachment of a part of the muscle from the rib cage, so the muscle then heals into the scar capsule as it forms around the implant. A good option for correcting this is to convert to the split muscle technique. Dr. Umar Khan in the UK does this.

Animation deformity

+1

You look like you have a nice result. What you are experiencing is an animation deformity of the muscle adherent to the capsul where it was divided.  Give it some more time, but you may need strattice or fat grafting to help improve this.

Dent following breast augmentation

+1

You have a really nice result.  The dent is only noticeable in the third photograph and I suspect is only visible in certain positions.  However, I can see how that would be annoying for you.  I would give things a few months to settle and it may well improve.  If it persists, fat grafting may be an option.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

+1

Photos show a very nice result. The "dent" in the left medial breast is the junction of the muscle to the breast tissue. I recommend fat grafts to help decrease the dent. 

Dent in Breast after Augmentation

+1

It appears you may have an animation deformity related to release of the pectoralis muscle. and sub muscular placement of the implant.  As noted, there are procedures that may help this and they may require the use of bio materials such as AlloDerm.   However, at 8 weeks , it is still early and I would continue to wait before consideration of further surgery.  Discuss the options with your plastic surgeon.  

Stephen Delia, MD

There is a dent in my breast, Please help!

+1

You have a nice result if not for that dent caused by the muscle release on that side.  Unfortunately, this can happen as a result of implants placed under the muscle.  This is because most surgeons release some of the muscle when placing the implants in order to give a more natural and rounded look to the lower pole of the breast.  This is the best way to place implants in >95% of patients. 

The problem is that when this happens it is very difficult to fix.  Often, fixing this requires more surgery and placement of Alloderm between the implant and the torn muscle.  That said, I would probably just massage the area and give it more time to heal for now.  If no significant improvement after 6 months then consider having it fixed.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon